Sunday, August 21, 2011

Breakfast Cookies

I originally made these because I couldn't believe the reviewers who said they were delicious. I set out to prove that cookies with that ingredient list couldn't possibly be good. I was wrong! The salty-sweet combo works. They're worth making if for no other reason than to say that you've made cookies with bacon in them.

1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I used 1/4 c. pre-crumbled bacon pieces you find by the salad fixins)
2 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup raisins (I used dried cranberries)

1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Bean in egg. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in bacon, cornflakes and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
2. Bake at 350'F for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in the refrigerator.