Tuesday, June 22, 2010

tuna (or crab) burgers

new recipe + simple to make = a keeper


2 cans (95g) tuna (or fancy lump meat crab)
1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh white bread crumbs (I prefer the 1/2 cup)
1 egg
2 T chopped parsley
1/2 small onion finely grated (or, if you're me: onion powder)
dash of cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Add some peanut oil to a frying pan and turn on medium heat. Form patties and grill on each side for 4 minutes until golden brown.

This recipe suggests putting these patties on a bun to eat. I prefer to eat them plain, with a bit of this:

1/4 cup mayo
2 T dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
2 squirts Tabasco sauce
1 tsp dill

2 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds yummy and easy! I'll have to give it a try.

Laney said...

Mmm, I might have to try this. Thanks! I wonder if it would work with ground shrimp, too.