Sunday, June 13, 2010

Best Pie Crust Recipe EVER!!

This really truly is the best one EVER!! I love to make pies but pie crusts can be finicky.  I found this one in the Arizona Republic's Food section a couple years ago. Tried it and was hooked! It's a picture file that I made after scanning in the photos from the pastry chef's article. I've made it with whole wheat flour for pasties & pot pies as well. Hope you enjoy it!

P.S. I only use unsalted butter when I make mine. Make sure the butter comes straight from the fridge, or it'll melt too quickly as you 'cut' it into the flour.

3 comments:

Millie Motts said...

Oh, my - yes! I can attest to the fact that this pie crust is yummy!

Erika said...

Mmmm. Makes me want to cook quiche or peach pie.

Millie Motts said...

AND easy. I gave it a go and it was a smashing success. It was VERY forgiving - a big plus for a pie novice!