Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cranberry Vinaigrette

With the Thanksgiving deliciousness in the recent past you may, like me, find yourself with leftovers that need re-invention. Here's a simple and delicious use for your leftover cranberry sauce. I used this dressing on a turkey and beet salad and it was quite scrumptious. 


1/2 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce (or the jellied version mashed up with a fork)
1/4 cup orange juice (about 1 orange's worth if you're fresh squeezing)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp basalmic vinegar (I use rice vinegar because I prefer a milder taste)
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk together well. Serve over salad.
Makes about 1 cup.

1 comment:

B Porter said...

I'm relieved to know those red chunks are beets and not what you were calling a cranberry dressing. A little too chunky for dressing!