Monday, May 16, 2011

Chocolate and Hazelnut Pastries


1 sheet ready-prepared puff pastry (found in the freezer section/desserts)
1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp chopped roasted hazelnuts (They don't have those in my part of the world. I used pecans. I'm sure most nuts would work just fine.ep)

Preheat oven to 400'F. Trim the edges of the pastry and cut the sheet into 4 long pieces. Cover half of each piece with the chocolate and sprinkle with cinnamon and hazelnuts, leaving 1/2 inch border.

Fold over the pastry to enclose and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm or cold.

Serves 4
Source: Laney's Donna Hay cookbook

2 comments:

Laney said...

Mmm! I might have to try this with some milk chocolate for Blaine.

Millie Motts said...

I second the "Mmm"!