Friday, September 3, 2010

Gluten-Free Yellow Cupcakes

I found this recipe on http://aglutenfreeguide.com/ They are extremely moist and yummy cupcakes. Tastes just like regular yellow cake.

1 package Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned cake mix*
1 package Jello vanilla instant pudding (EP-She didn't say what size. I only had a large box, so that's what I used.)
1/2 cup sugar
4 extra large eggs room temperature (EP-I only had large.)
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 C orange juice
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons good vanilla extract

*Do not follow the directions on the package.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients and beat on high speed for two minutes.
Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill liners 2/3 to ¾ of the way full.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until the cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If making a cake, grease the pan first, pour in the mix and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.

Note: When I made mine, the centers fell when they cooled. I don't know if that's standard, or if it's because my timer freaked out and reset itself halfway through and I had to guestimate the cooking time. They still tasted fine, they just had a little dip. I solved the aesthetic problem by filling the dip with lemon curd (you can buy it in a bottle at the grocery store for tarts, etc.), then frosted over that with the buttercream frosting.
Voila! No dips and it tastes delicious. I'm sure peanut butter would probably also work well in the dip, then you could frost with chocolate frosting.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I wonder if the large box of pudding mix made them fall? I'll try with a small box next time.